Crystal Dreaming the Musical
a young girl who possesses extraordinary, unique powers.
her venturing into mystical realms where she encounters celestial beings,
interstellar travellers, her life-long nemesis, and the love of her life.
a world of secret truths, courage put to test,
and a triumphant realisation of her destiny.
YOU DON'T HAVE TO IMAGINE:
CRYSTAL DREAMING DELIVERS IT!!!
Thank you to the cast & crew from our special country town of Taree, who gave of their precious time and energy for this test production. The audience response was very positive.
LIST OF THE MAIN SONGS AND THEIR GENRES
1. Overture: An orchestral medley of songs from the musical.
2. She’ll Be Here: A bright, sparkly children’s song written for the Fairy Folk.
3. Another World: A “want” song in the music theatre genre sung by the young heroine Mirabelle. Lush orchestration.
4. Straightjacket Blues: A funky, jazz song by young Mirabelle and her fellow students as they prepare to go to school.
5. I’m An Alien Too: A fast paced song with the Older Mirabelle, her socially challenged friend Thomas and the Fairy Folk-celebrating their differences, plus fun sound effects including Alien Voices.
6. Sly’s Revenge: An upbeat song with the antagonist Sly singing his own words juxtaposed against a group of teenagers singing harmonies.
7. Tell Me How Much Longer: Slower solo from Mirabelle with harpsicord accompaniment and other orchestral instruments.
8. It’s a Party: A rock song by Mirabelle’s teenage friends celebrating her 16th Birthday Party.
9. Down-A-Down-A: A young person’s solo in troubadour style with guitar accompaniment only. (Character is Cabanossi, the gnome)
10. Maybe I Can Help: A richly orchestrated waltz solo by Mirabelle’s mother Annie.
11. It’s Everybody’s Fault: A funky rap song with fun sound effects, performed by Mirabelle’s overly dramatic girlfriends.
12. Here I Am As I Am: Mirabelle’s power ballad as she eagerly anticipates her new life in her new world.
13. Your Spirit Has Called: An ambient music duet between Adama, (Leader of the Crystal City of Telos) and Mirabelle.
14. Realm of Light: A beautiful, richly orchestrated love duet between Mirabelle and her soul mate Romandahl.
15. Awp-La-La-La: The children of Telos welcoming Mirabelle, sung in harmony in bright, calypso style.
16. Clarion Call: The final rousing chorus with the entire cast. Music in the style of Irish Riverdance.